oral cancer screening saves Valuable lives
Oral Cancer screening in Garland, Murphy,Richardson, Plano, Mesquite, 75040, 75042, 75044, Dallas Tx.
With oral cancer, early detection is your best protection. Oral cancer claims over 8,000 American lives each year. This form of cancer often goes undetected until it spreads to other body systems or regions. Our Garland office routinely do oral cancer screening during initial and 6 months maintenance checkups.
Oral cancer Screening Garland Tx:
Our doctor Dr.C and staff will look for white patches, mouth sores, tenderness, tissue color changes, and any changes that look problematic. Oral cancer screenings at Smiline Dental Texas, Garland Tx only take a few minutes and saves so many lives. In addition to preventive and restorative dentistry Oral cancer screening helps in identifying Oral cancers early to get successful outcomes. we believe in detecting oral abnormalities early leads to more treatment options, potentially less invasive or radical treatments and better patient outcomes.
Technology is changing the way oral mucosal examinations take place. We brought OralID which helps us in doing oral cancer screening and catch early stages and saves lives. Oral ID’s fluorescence technology uses a blue light that allows a clinician to identify oral cancer, pre-cancer and other abnormal lesions at an earlier stage, thus saving lives.
Here are some statistics to consider Regarding Oral cancer:
• Oral cancer kills one American every hour.
• Approximately 42,000 people in the United States will be newly diagnosed with oral cancer in 2013.
• In 2013, among the 42,000 diagnosed with oral cancer in the United States, 18,000 will not be alive in five years.
• Oral cancer’s incidence rate has increased the last five years in a row.
• In 2007, oral cancer’s incidence increased by 11 percent.
• The mortality rate for oral cancer has not changed significantly in three decades
• Oral cancer’s high mortality rate is due to late-stage discovery (Stage III and IV).
• The mortality rate for oral cancer is higher than the rates for cervical cancer, Hodgkin’s lymphoma, laryngeal cancer, testicular cancer, thyroid cancer and skin cancer.